Move Your Mutt 2014 Health and Fitness Expo
The inaugural 2014 Move Your Mutt Health and Fitness Expo officially begins on January 1, 2014. The expo kicks off with 3 days of video segments on topics related to canine wellness, fitness, nutrition and feeding. See the agenda below for details.
Don’t forget to visit our virtual Sponsor Exhibit Hall for information from pet companies providing quality and healthy food, fitness, and other products.
The expo will culminate with the Mutt-a-thon, a virtual fitness gathering where participants will engage in a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise with their pets and then log their activity on the site. Prizes will be awarded to some lucky Mutt-a-thon participants.
Move Your Mutt 2014 Health and Fitness Expo Agenda
January 1, 2014
Keynote Address: Pet Obesity and Why We Need to Care, Dr. Katy Nelson
- A Balanced Canine Workout to Strengthen and Prevent Injury, Dog Tread, Anthony Woerner
- Stretch Your Dog Safely: Introduction, Dog Tread, Anthony Woerner
- Welcome to K9FitClub with Sample Exercises
- How Much To Feed your Dog: Calorie Estimation, Slimdoggy Steve
- How Much To Feed your Dog: Serving Size, Slimdoggy Steve
- Overview of a Good Dog Food, Slimdoggy Steve
- Determining and Measuring Food Servings, Slimdoggy Steve
January 2, 2014
Day 2 Headline Video: Sit & Stay with Dr. Jon Jorgensen, Director of Veterinary Care, K9 Fit Club
- Stretch Your Dog Safely: Front Limb, Dog Tread, Anthony Woerner
- Why Running is a Great Exercise for you and your Dog, Slimdoggy Steve
- Tips on How to Begin a Running Program, Slimdoggy Steve
- Physical Challenges to Improve Your Dog’s Behavior, Jeris Pugh
- Macro Nutrients in Dog Food: Protein, Fat, and Carbs, Slimdoggy Steve
- How Do I Know if My Dog Food is High in Protein? Fat? Carbs?, Slimdoggy Steve
- Ingredient Splitting on Dog Food Labels: Hiding the Truth?, Slimdoggy Steve
January 3, 2014
- Stretch Your Dog Safely: Hind Limb, Dog Tread, Anthony Woerner
- Stretch Your Dog Safely: Neck and Spine, Dog Tread, Anthony Woerner
- Providing Fitness for Disabled Pets, Leslie Grinnell, CEO/Founder Eddies Wheels
- The 6 “C’s”: Keys to Maintaining an Regular Exercise Program for you and your Dog, Slimdoggy Steve
- Canine Fitness Unleashed – My Dog is NOT OLD!!!, Dr Kerry Fisher, DVM.
- Move Your Mutt – Quick Workouts for the Time Starved, Krista Wickens, CEO, DogTread
- Fruits and Vegetables in Dog Food, Slimdoggy Steve
- Preservatives in Dog Food: What to Watch For, Slimdoggy Steve
- Coloring in Dog Food: Are You Kidding Me?!, Slimdoggy Steve
- Sweeteners in Dog Food: Watch Out for Empty Calories, Slimdoggy Steve
January 4, 2014
Mutt-a-thon. Get off your butt and workout with your mutt!